The 54th Annual Scientific Meeting of the European Society for Paediatric Nephrology will be held at the Cankarjev dom Congress and Cultural Centre Ljubljana, Slovenia.
Cankarjev dom Congress and Cultural Centre
Prešernova cesta 10, 1000 Ljubljana
Ljubljana, the European Green Capital 2016, is a city with a green soul and a sustainable vision of development. It boasts excellently preserved green spaces and nature even in the heart of the city centre. It also offers several experiences that are difficult to imagine anywhere else. Explore the city by bike and discover its centre from the unique perspective of a paddle-board on the Ljubljanica River.
Ljubljana is a creative city, where culture is basically the way of life. It hosts numerous festivals of various genres, from one of the oldest European summer festivals to well-established festivals of jazz, world music and street theatre. There are also numerous alternative events, particularly at the famous Metelkova alternative culture centre.
Cankarjev dom believes that cultural, artistic and scientific creativity meets the basic condition for attaining spiritual freedom and richer spiritual lives of people and social development.
The cultural and congress centre presents, produces, co-produces, organises and provides cultural and artistic, congress and other events, state ceremonies, exhibitions and festivals. Since CD is mostly a cultural centre, over two thirds of the available halls are annually reserved for culture and the arts.
With its programme CD has been attempting at enriching the quality of lives, to form, foster and effectuate cultural and wider national identity and educate the young people in culture and the arts.
CD cooperates with similar cultural institutions at home and abroad in the realisation of contemporary cultural and artistic projects. It has been endeavouring to contribute to the openness of the capital city with its versatile cultural, artistic and scientific events of internationally resounding character. CD believes that Ljubljana is compelling enough as regards its history, tourism and culture to become one of the most significant European cultural and congress centres.
The official language of the Congress is English.
HOW TO GET TO LJUBLJANA
Get to Ljubljana by Air
The nearest airport is Ljubljana international airport northwest of the city, 25 km from Ljubljana.
Current flight schedule is available here: https://www.lju-airport.si/en/flights/timetable/
Important: an early booking of your flight is strongly recommended!
There are direct flights to Ljubljana from: Amsterdam, Belgrade, Brussels, Dubai, Frankfurt, Istanbul,
London, Munich, Niš, Paris, Podgorica, Tel Aviv, Tivat, Warsaw, Zurich.
Distances from other major international airports: Trieste (120 km), Venice VCE & TSF (230 km), Zagreb (150 km) that can be reached through:
- GoOpti shuttle service: https://www.goopti.com/en/
- Train: https://potniski.sz.si/en/ (the central railway and bus station is in the centre of
- Bus: https://www.flixbus.si/
- Taxi service.
Get to Ljubljana by road
Arriving to Ljubljana by car is easy. Listed below are distances to some nearby cities:
Klagenfurt (Austria) - 90 km
Trieste (Italy) - 90 km
Venice (Italy) - 240 km
Munich (Germany) - 410 km
Cankarjev dom is in the centre of Ljubljana were there are limited Parking spaces.
Getting around within the city
Most attractions and congress activities are reachable by foot. If the distance still seems to large
there are other ways to get around:
- City bicycles: https://www.visitljubljana.com/en/visitors/travel-information/getting-around/bicikelj/
- Buses: https://www.visitljubljana.com/en/visitors/travel-information/getting-around/city-buses/
- Taxis: https://www.taximetro.si/, https://www.taxi-rondo.si/
The city of Ljubljana and the ESPN2022 hotels listed below are readily accessible from the airport, (the Ljubljana international airport is located 25 km northwest of Ljubljana). Ljubljana`s railway and bus stations are situated in the heart of the city and all its major hotels are centrally located. Several hotel rooms of different price categories have been booked in Ljubljana with arrival 22 June and departure 26 June for the ESPN 2022 delegates. Additional nights may be requested, subject to availability. Please note that the hotel accommodation booking deadline is 15 May 2022. (Exceptions are Hotel City and Hotel Slon – deadline is 16 April 2022).
For participants who still seek for accomodation in Ljubljana, please contact the ESPN and non ESPN Hotels listed on our web page (https://espn2022.org/generalinformation.php) directly, since the deadline for ESPN reservation has already expired. You can also choose your accomodation among many possibilities on booking.com and airbnb. For participants who have problems finding a suitable accomodation, our staff at Cankarjev dom will be happy to help, please contact Mrs. Mateja Perič at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking forward to welcoming you in Ljubljana!
ESPN 2022 HOTELS
Prices are in EUR and include a one-night stay per room with complimentary buffet-style breakfast (Tourist tax not included).
|Hotel/distance to the venue||Single room
Distance: 900 m – 11- minute walk
|€123.00||€134.00||Link for reservation
Deadline 15 May 2022
Distance: 1.2 km – 15-minute walk
|Link for reservation
Deadline 16 April 2022
Distance: 500 m – 6-minute walk
|€135.00||€155.00||Link for reservation
Deadline 15 May 2022
Distance: 700 m – 8-minute walk
|€139,00||€149,00||Link for reservation
Deadline 16 April 2022
Distance: 950 m – 12-minute walk
|€143.00||€155.00||Link for reservation
Deadline 15 May 2022
Distance: 100 m, 3-minute walk
|€205,00||€225,00||Link for reservation
Deadline 15 May 2022
Code: ESPN CUBO
Non-ESPN 2022 HOTELS
For hotels listed below, rooms for ESPN participants have not been pre-booked, but please feel free to book it by yourself.
- Austria Trend Hotel Ljubljana****; Distance: 4,6 km, 15-minute bus ride (No. 6)
- B&B Hotel Ljubljana Park***; Distance: 1,5 km, 18-minute walk
- B&B Slamič***; Distance: 900 m, 11-minute
- Central Hotel Ljubljana***; Distance: 1,2 km, 15-minute walk
- Hotel Emonec***; Distance: 700 m, 8-minute walk
- InterContinental*****; Distance: 1,2 km, 15-minute walk
- M Hotel****; Distance: 3,3 km, 15-minute bus ride (No. 1 & 3)
- Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel****; Distance: 6,3 km, 30-minute bus ride (No. 27)
- Urban Hotel****; Distance: 700 m, 9-minute walk
- Meksiko Hotel***; Distance: 3,1 km, 10-minute bus ride (No. 9)
CURRENT COVID-19 information
As of 21 February 2022, the RVT (recovered/vaccinated/tested) rule is no longer required except in healthcare and social care institutions and in prisons. Free testing with a rapid antigen test and a rapid antigen test for self-testing is abolished.
Measures that are still in place to contain the spread of COVID-19 infections:
- hygienic measures: sanitising, keeping social distance
- wear a face mask in all closed public spaces and on public transport,
- if you are ill stay at home.
As of 19 February 2022, a person who has been in close contact with a person who tested positive in a coronavirus test will no longer have to quarantine at home. A person who has tested positive in a coronavirus test will still have to inform all those with whom he or she has been in close contact. It is recommended that persons who are in close contact with an infected pearson from their household self-test for 7 days.
As of 19 February 2022, restrictions due to Covid-19 no longer apply when entering Slovenia. This means that:
- the RVT (recovered/vaccinated/tested) condition no longer has to be met at the border and
- travellers will no longer be ordered to quarantine at home.
All passengers entering Slovenia by plane or ship must fill in a special digital form for tracking passengers before entering (electronic PLF form) available on: https://app.euplf.eu/#/.
We would strongly recommend all attendees refer to the guidance issued by the Slovenian Authorities few day before arrival (more on https://www.gov.si/en/topics/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/).
If you cannot find the information on the website, please contact the following authorities:
- for information on the current measures to contain the spread of the new coronavirus, the recovered/vaccinated/tested rule and the organisation of COVID-19 vaccination and testing, call the Slovenian Ministry of Health on +386 1 478 6848, from Monday to Friday between 8:30 and 15:30, or send an email to email@example.com,
- For consular affairs, the telephone number of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is available 01 478 23 05.
Participants who require a visa to enter Slovenia need to request a letter of guarantee, which will be issued by the Cankarjev dom, the Meeting venue. The letter of guarantee is issued exclusively for the purposes of visa arrangements and does not imply provision of any financial or other support. Information on visas and addresses of embassies is available on the web site of the Slovenian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. In case you apply for a visa at an embassy, please fill in the form below in order to obtain the letter of guarantee and fax it to +386 1 241 72 96 or send it by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participants who already possess a valid Schengen visa type C or a valid residence permit issued by another Schengen country do not need to obtain an additional visa to enter Slovenia.
How do I apply for a visa?
You need to follow these steps:
- Register for the Meeting and pay the registration fee.
- Fill in the form below and send your request for letter of guarantee to email@example.com.
- After we have received the filled-in form we will issue a letter of guarantee and send you a copy by email and an original by post.
- Should you require the letter of guarantee immediately please inform us about it. We can arrange shipping by DHL. However, DHL costs need to be paid in advance.
- After you have received your letter of guarantee contact the embassy that can issue your visa.
- Letter of Guarantee
Letter of Guarentee (PDF)
22nd June 6 pm – Opening in Gallus Hall of Cankarjev
24th of June 7 pm – Dinner at Union Hall at grand hotel Union (https://www.uhcollection.si/grand-hotel-union), The price of dinner is not included in registration fee and costs 50 EUR/person, participants should register simultaneously with registration to the congress, spaces are limited.